Friday, April 9, 2010




Haven Lost 2006 - 2010. Nathan Jones, Vancouver, BC, Canada, 2010

This work was started in the summer of 2006 but left unfinished. I thought I lost the file but recently came across it while searching my backup disks for a copy of some old editing software. The work is an early experiment, a ruff sketch. At the time I was interested in how colour and light effect our perception of space and how the metamorphosis of colour in work such as this creates a narrative. As a painter (or picture maker), when I view films or videos I am often fascinated and excited by the idea that every frame that has passed in front of my eyes was a separate composition. I plan on doing more work in this vein.

Special Thanks: Mathew Anderson, Ian Prentice Daniel Giantomaso and David Rimmer.